All abstracts must be submitted electronically through the Congress management system.
- Abstracts should be submitted only in English and there is no fee for submission.
- The abstract text body is limited to 3,000 characters including spaces (about 400 words or more, depending on spacing). A maximum of two figures (in JPG, GIF or PNG with ideally 600 dpi) can be included. These will not count toward the word limit, nor will the information about authors, institutions and study groups. File size of 2 MB maximum for each figure. Make sure you submit your figure with no surrounding white space and the text is readable.
- By submitting an abstract to TTS 2022, the submitter consent to having the abstract, if accepted, published in the online supplement of the Transplantation Journal as well as in the Congress website.
- Only registered presenters will have their accepted abstracts published
- It is the submitter responsibility to ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation at TTS 2022.
- Presenters from employees of commercial interests, selected for an oral or a poster presentation, may be required to submit additional information, including the presentation slides. Presenting content featuring clinical recommendations aligned to the business interests and/or products of the employer is strictly prohibited.
- All submitted abstracts will go through blind peer-review carried out by an international committee
- All abstracts will be reviewed by at least three international referees selected by the Scientific Program Committee
- Abstracts which do not meet the focus of the topic selected by the authors will be reassigned at the discretion of the Review Committee
- Abstracts will be assessed based the following criteria:
- Interest: Is the content original/important/relevant to our field?
- Novelty: How and to what extent are the findings likely to influence clinical or research practice, education or policy?
- Robustness and quality of the data: Are the methods/ methodological approach clearly described? How confident is the reviewer in the strength/trustworthiness of the data and/or conclusions/discussion presented?
- Presentation and Clarity: The basic purpose of the research/project is clear
Format of Presentation
Abstracts may be submitted for either oral, campfire, poster, or oral/poster presentation (to be determined at the Committee’s discretion). Please note that space is very limited for oral abstract presentations.
Rule of Two
Authors may submit an unlimited number of abstracts, however, should he or she have more than two abstracts accepted for Oral, Mini-Oral and/or Campfire presentations, a co-author must be designated to present the additional accepted abstracts. All presenting authors must pre-register and attend the Congress.