1. Key Points for All Presenters
(Plenary, State-of-the-Art, Workshop, Oral, Mini-Oral, Campfire, Post-Graduate Course and Pre-Congress Workshop)
- The Speaker Ready Room will be networked with the session rooms, which means your presentation will be automatically distributed to your session room once it is uploaded in the Speaker Ready Room.
- Presentations will not be accepted directly in the session rooms for uploading.
- All presenters must check into the Speaker Ready at least 3 hours prior to their session time (if
possible – Cutoff for modifications is 45 minutes prior to session start) in order to verify their
presentation or to upload a revised version to the computer network.
ATTENTION: If your presentation is scheduled in the morning sessions, you must upload your
presentation the previous day.
- All presentations should be prepared for PowerPoint 2016+ on Windows-based PCs in 16x9
- It is REQUIRED that you disclose any financial conflict of interest on your second slide and verbally
to the audience (regardless if you have something to disclose or not. If you have nothing to disclose
simply say “I have no conflicts of interest to disclose.”).
- No logo or name of commercial interest company should be included on your presentation slides
- Try not to use dark background color and make sure all information is readable and visible.
- Use of individual laptop computers is not permitted (presenter view at the podium is available).
- PowerPoint for MAC files should be tested on a PC before attending the event.
- Keynote for MAC or Prezi will not be accepted, it must be exported to PowerPoint.
- VIDEOS:Your videos must be embedded in the presentation (only possible on PowerPoint 2016 or
newer). If you have videos that you would like to include that are not embedded, please come to the
speaker ready room and our staff will be able to assist you with any video type.
- Please proceed to your session room 10-15 minutes before your session start time in order to
introduce yourself to the session chair(s) and to familiarize yourself with the set-up.
- We are on a tight schedule. Please make sure to adhere to your allotted speaking time!
Mini-Oral and Campfire Presentations
- You only have 3 minutes for your presentation. Therefore, we suggest you consider this threeminute
presentation as a summary of your research. Use material that will capture the audience’s
interest, provide disclosure, introduce the research, provide an overview of the main question, problem,
or objectives at the heart of your research.
- We would recommend you prepare no more than 5-6 slides (including introduction slide).
- The moderators will introduce you and therefore, you do not need to start the presentation by